Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Lizife

Been keeping busy. Been writing too! Managed to squeeze out the entire rescue of Detective Nathan Davis from a moving transport truck. The way it's written shouldn't be too expensive. I hope not anyway. I had always envisioned it to be the most expensive scene in the entire series, but as I was writing it I realized there's only.. five expensive/dangerous shots that I think can be accomplsihed using tricks of the eye. The way I look at it is George Lucas made the Death Star blow up in 1977, so the least I can do in 2009 is make two trucks look like they're driving real fast.

Rogers is fun. Developing a patience for D.S., and I'm not exactly patient. I just accept the role between directon and camerawork and try to shrug it off. Live television is a little bit different I suppose, a lot more stressful for the production room. I'd really like to get an opportunity to shadow directing before Daytime is out. I'd really like to get a try at trying to communicate what I want from the camera crew. I'm sure if I ever got to do it I'd have R. on audio, then J., C. and M. on camera so they'd all be pro by now, which means they'd all be good at catching what I say.

Rogers has a section about proposing a show, and although I think it's a little early to be thinking Soundtrack right now, I wouldn't mind proposing a show. I think it'd be interesting to have a show completely about local talent. Local bands, poets, artists, singers, theatre troupes, comedy acts could fill the half-hour segment, and it would contain only the same costs of operating the studio on volunteer work. I should talk to someone about it. I know it seems a little obnoxious, but I do have a Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communication and I'm trying hard to make a good impression on the staff there. I feel like I've come a far way in these past few weeks. If anything I've realized just how much more there is to know. Which is why I think I should start with something small. Get some experience behind me. I'm going to write yup a business model this week, and submit it sometime after.

I feel I must at least make a public statement that Soundtrack is not, I repeat, NOT on hiatus or the backburner in ANY way. Soundtrack is a destination I will arrive at, at exactly when I expect myself too. I told P.L. on March 26th, 2009, I wanted to be casting one year from then. I believe I can still meet that goal. Here is my attempt at an original moment of zen for your pleasure.




The path is long and has many turns, but it is always right in front of you.




I don't know if I'll get a chance to mention this before I go, but I'm attending a seminar at City Hall this week on how to receive arts funding! Barrie's fortunate enough to have a great MPP, Aileen Carroll, who sits as the provincial government's Minister of Culture, so this is a great town to live in to be an aspiring artist. I use the term loosely by the way, that's just the government's definition of me.

So hope you all had a good weekend and enjoyed the weather, and you'll be hearing from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment