Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 26 2009

It’s my birthday. That means it’s getting close to Soundtrack’s first birthday. With that, I announce a major change in the series. Riley Baxter, is now Riley Evans, and she’s a she! By she I mean girl. There’s not even a lot of changes to be made. It was done to balance the genders in the series, to provide another female lead and to sweeten the dynamic between Eddie and Riley. There’s no romance in the first 6 episodes, but there will definitely be a relationship or maybe even a triangle by the end of the longer vision.

Getting back to birthdays. 23. I told Patrick tonight I want to be casting in one year. One year ago Soundtrack was an idea. Now, it’s two and a half scripts, directing notes, some serious ambition about a production company, including a business model and production costs. The news today was that the CBC was cutting back huge, and selling assets to make up $170 million or something. Now that means that that stuff will be up for grabs! Lots of stuff to be buying – or leasing! Just enough to shoot a pilot. I’ve been semi-looking forward to auditions, now that Riley is a girl.

I’m going to be posting my review of the Battlestar Galactica finale. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment