Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

Alright, so I began directing notes for Episode 1. Why? Brendan keeps pressing the idea that I start my own production company and with that thought in mind, I began to think about the bigger picture. I see these images in my mind, but it would be nice to be able to communicate it to others. I got five pages into the directing notes for Episode 1 and it took about an hour. I’m fortunate to have had the teachings of Jose Gonzales and Rudy Schoenngen for my mediocre knowledge in camera shots.

I also found my first actor. Kyle Eyer. Eddie or Riley. Both musicians, both fighters. We talked about it last night. He hasn’t read the script but he could do well for both. I sent him the scripts and a more detailed description of the two characters, so here for your reading pleasure is Eddie and Riley uncut.

I always imagined riley as a skinhead, not a nazi, but shaved. probably pierced, maybe even those gross ear plug things. obviously he wouldn't have to get any of those for real. he can get away with this look at the mechanic shop he works at. he likes it. he’s liked cars all his life. he’s good with them too. he's kind of sarcastic, but at the same time, he's the only real optimistic of the main trio. kind of along for the ride - because he wants to be there. he's bored with his every day life and this unique situation comes upon him so he just rolls with it

Eddie i'm not really sure. he's a smart guy. he just doesn't have much initiative. he went to school, got good grades, but nowhere near what he could have. he's a technical genius, he really has an aptitude for electronics and mechanical engineering. because of that he has a very rational mind. he can't really accept the things that unfold in front of him. his friendship with riley, plus a desire to put a logical explanation to inexplicable events motivate him to participate in these events he'd otherwise discard as nonsense


It’s really important to develop where these characters came from. I had someone ask me today why Davis became a cop with his intellect, and the last post had his backstory. Bam, I already had a satisfying answer within a smaller story. It’s encouraged me to go back and write detailed histories for each character, so expect those soon!

Aside from those bits, I started Episode 3 ‘401’. I liked that title. It’s a clue as to what might happen this episode. I’ll give you a hint “RESCUE ON THE 401” will not be the headline. More like… “POLICE HAVE NO SUSPECTS IN ATTACK ON 401”. Hope every one has a great day!

Good Night and Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment